Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Revelation

I was blinded by insight this morning. I’m still blinking the residual flash of inspiration from my formally deluded sight. Theoretically I began this blog at the beginning of the year with grandiose thoughts of connecting children to reading, and to discuss my take on the collection, new and old, that is at the disposal of young readers and those not-so-young readers that prefer reading at a 4th grade level. I had plans, big plans, and ideas, oh so many ideas, of all the wonderful content I would cover. At this very moment there are, no lie, about 10 unfinished posts in my Blogger queue. If I have so many great ideas and no shortage of material, why then do I have so few posts?

I figured it out this morning. ADD aside, I tend to write posts that that take hours to finish, resulting in the interruptions of dogs, cats, children, husbands, telemarketers and calls of nature. Not to mention the excruciating slow pace at which I tend to write anything. First off, it is necessary for me to misspell every other word. Don't ask me why, it is just the way it is -OK. I also find the need to revise every sentence. If you find my writing style a challenge to follow, believe me when I say, without these revisions you would truly be suffering.

Cure - WRITE MUCH SHORTER POSTS. Easy-Peasy!

I have been working on a countdown of a trip I made to Portland and it has taken me all week to formulate the first few items. Solution, I will post one a day, thus building in a deadline. Let’s face it, for those of us with lofty plans bigger than our discipline stomachs, deadlines are advantageous to any sort of progression. In an enterprise that is purely optional, say a blog, deadlines are essential if I am to accomplish anything in my life, beyond sleeping, eating and the other physical necessity.

Fingers crossed - insight is the mother of production.

1 comment:

  1. Husbands?! <-- Notice the "s" Should I be jealous or relieved that you have recruited someone to perform some of the chores my limited mobility precludes?

    Excellent idea! Good luck with shorter! After having seen Nae generated sentences longer than many standard paragraphs, I'll say a prayer or five.

    Mwah! Gary (your 1st hubby)

    ReplyDelete