We will be meeting at my School Library in Kaysville, 1095 Smith Lane, on January 16th, at 10:00 A.M.
At our first Kid Lit Pie Night Brooke and I hammered out a list of 6 books we thought should be on any rational list.
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate Jacqueline Kelly
- Wild Things by Clay Carmichael
- All the Broken Pieces by Ann Burg
- Season of Gifts by Richard Peck
I realize this posting is coming a bit late for some of you, but you have the long winter break to do nothing but read, right? If you have trouble locating some of the books, let me know and I will hook you up. At this point in time all the titles with the exception of Wild Things and Claudette Colvin are tied up in the student mock Newbery we are holding here at our school. Upon last perusal my library was the only one in our district to have the Hoose book and our county library has yet to get it. Come on people! It won the National Book Award!